Monday, February 20, 2017

The Light

I think I'm beginning to see some light at the end of this tunnel. I have one more fill to do this week & I will be done with the tissue expander phase. I also have a PET scan tomorrow to see if anything else new is lighting up & how this spot on my pubic bone is looking. It's my first scan since completing chemo & surgery & I'm very anxious to see how things are looking. If all is well, I can have my port removed! We don't want to do that before a scan just in case something new pops up & I need it for any further treatment, but I'm hopeful that I'm done with it.

I'm glad to be done with the tissue expanding phase. My chest is so hard right now but I'm not flat & feel like I look pretty "normal" right now. The first few fills were pretty painless & the last two were also fine but the middle ones! I don't know that I've ever hurt like that & it wasn't in the area you would expect. It was constant pulling & pressure in my upper back - I expected my chest to hurt. Pain medicine didn't touch it. I just stayed in the recliner on a heating pad for most of the day of the fill & the day after. After that my muscles would stretch & I'd start to feel better. I was very worried about my last two fills because we did 80cc instead of my normal 60cc. I thought the pain would be worse but my last two were fine & I expect my last one this week to be almost a non event. I'm up to 760cc so I only need 40cc to get to 800. That's the biggest implant I can have so once I get to 800cc I'm done.

I go on Feb. 28th for my radiation planning appointment. I'll get set up in the machine, get the little tattoos that mark where they want to radiate, and get ready to begin the next week. I'm expecting to get started on March 9th & I have to do 33 rounds (every day Mon-Fri) so that means I'll be done around the 24th of April. Once I get through that I have a hysterectomy scheduled for the beginning of May. My diagnosis of being BRCA+ means I'm much more likely to get ovarian cancer. I also have to take Taxol (a medication to suppress my bodies production of estrogen) for 10 years & that medication increases my chances of uterine cancer. I'm strangely unaffected by this. We already knew we were done having children so I'm not upset about that. The surgery is robotic so I won't have any new major scars. The only thing that bothers me is that I won't be able to take any sort of hormone replacement to help ease the menopause that's gonna be flung on me. Poor husband & kids.

After the hysterectomy, four to six months after radiation & my skin has time to heal, I will have my (hopefully) final surgery. They will swap these tissue expanders out for a normal implant. That surgery is minor compared to everything else & should signify the end of things. I don't know that I will get it in before my year anniv. of my diagnosis but it should be too long after that. I'm expecting the end of Aug or sometime in Sept. These tissue expanders are uncomfortable & I'm already looking forward to that but I also know that if I can handle chemo & the mastectomy, I can handle anything.

4 comments:

  1. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM BREAST CANCER.
    I'm here again to appreciate. DR WILLIAMS God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you don in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Jessica from Orlando, Florida. I was tested breast cancer positive, I saw a blog on how DR WILLIAMS cured people with his herbal portion, i did not believe in natural medicine but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him,and explain my situation to him,few day later he sent me the herb, after taking doc Williams herbal medicine for few week i also got my healing with his herbal portion, i am so happy. If you have any type of cancer problem or you are also infected with any kind of disease, contact him Drwilliams098765@gmail.com for advice and for his product,i hope this testimony also help some one out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS I HAVE NEVER BELIEVE IN HERBAL REMEDIES.
    my 28 years old daughter have been a patient of breast cancer . I had tried a lot of anti viral med prescribed to me by doctors over how many years now but I could not see any improvements in my daughter symptoms. One day while going through the internet , i got to know about this great Herbal Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing people from cancer,quickly i contacted him and he prepared a herbal medication for my daughter which i received and she used it as instructed by dr williams. After few weeks the improvement were very visible.the redness and nipple discharge gradually stooped ,on thing now she is so full of life. I would recommend this to all my friends,families,around the globe suffering from cancer.you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com.for advice and for his product THANKS TO YOU ONCE AGAIN DR WILLIAMS

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from CANCER, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered cancer in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of abnormal vaginal bleeding, and she always have pain during sexual intercourse. . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to cancer . I never imagined cancer. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. cancer. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Dr Williams I am so happy today, my wife have been suffering from breast cancer for the past 8 years now, and i have spent a lot on western drugs which has all proved abortive, i have tried all means in life to get my wife out of this , but there was no answer until i decided to try herbal solution and i found Dr Williams online and i contacted him and after she took his medication as instructed, my wife is now completely cure from breast cancer within those week of usage, i am so much happy, thanks to Dr Williams for helping me get my wife life back again without any form of crisis, i promise to tell your name and good deeds to the whole world,if you have someone with cancer you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for more information .

    ReplyDelete